New guy here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reds26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all , new member here saying hello to you all .

I didnt realise how big a community there was for fish keeping so i'm excited to say the least .

I have a 15 gallon tank 2 months old , 5 danio's , 6 blood eyed tetra's which school together amazingly believe it or not and 2 dwarf gouramis that i fell in love with at my LFS and now i'm a bit worried about them after reading a few posts on the forums , although so far they seem to be doing fine .

I'm living , learning , and really enjoying my new hobby its fantastic , just wish i found these forums 2 months ago it might have helped me a bit more .

Anyway see you all in forums , and happy fish keeping .

Seems like your off to a good start. I might say that you have too many fish, but as long as all your fish seem happy, all your water parameters check out fine, and your keeping up on your water changes you should be good.

I have some of the red-eyed tetras aswell, they do school very well compared to some of my other tetras.

If you have any other questions about anything, you can either post a new thread in the apporprite category, or feel free to private message me or any other member by clicking on their name and selecting private message.

Home you enjoy the forum, it helps a lot.

Yea i agree , i think i have an overcrowded tank also which i'm a bit worried about now . LFS dont seem to help in that matter , in fact they advised me i could buy 2 cory's .

My fish all seem happy though and its quite a long tank but i'm gonna double my water changes and tests and i'm thinking of returning one gourami as i think i have 2 males .

Any advice i thank in advance but so far so good with water quality .Only been 3 days with the 2 gouramis and last thing i want is to over stock/fish poo my tank .

I honestly don't listen to anything my lfs employees say unless I know that they atleast know something about what they are actually talking about.

First rule is never let them get you to buy fish, only allow yourself to buy fish.

You don't have to double all your w/c and testing, just make sure the tank doesn't get to dirty and unlivable.

With your setup you have going, I do suggest taking a gourami back, I also suggest you not getting anymore fish after you take that guy back. If you want more fish, just get a new tank :D.

Thx for the advice , gourami going back this weekend . And eyeing up my new tank . :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom