New guy here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xandernfs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just making a thread to say hello. I've been out of the hobby for 15+ years. I had a 55g mbuna tank and then went to a 20g reef. My 20g has softies, LPS, SPS, and 2 clams. This was back in the day when HQIs were the thing to have. I lost 2g a day due to the heat of the HQI.

I'm now interested in setting up a 180g mbuna (Peacock tank) in my new house when I move. That is quite a ways away (about a year) but I still like to plan. I do plan on having a sump with a refugium. I'm trying to find more information on it and can't seem to come up with a lot.

Welcome to the forum , find the best spot that fits your questions and ask away,
look forward to seeing you on the forums

I'm interested in setting up a 29g in my classroom. Would it be sensible to do a HOB fuge using an AC110 (or 70) to help reduce nitrates?

I'm interested in setting up a 29g in my classroom. Would it be sensible to do a HOB fuge using an AC110 (or 70) to help reduce nitrates?
that would be cool!:cool:
They make some nice stuff for aqua clears to be modified with and your sound like a DIY savvy type of guy...(y)
This is one of my favorite kits for ACs..Food for DIY...:popcorn:
AquaClear 70 Media Basket - AC70MR | eBay
What is going in the 29?

that would be cool!:cool:
They make some nice stuff for aqua clears to be modified with and your sound like a DIY savvy type of guy...(y)
This is one of my favorite kits for ACs..Food for DIY...:popcorn:
AquaClear 70 Media Basket - AC70MR | eBay
What is going in the 29?

Not a bad design! Since this would be a classroom fish tank, I'm thinking just a tropical community. I currently have a crested gecko and leopard gecko where the tank would go. I'm getting pretty tired of getting crickets every week for them. The 29g would suffice my itch to get a bigger tank while the house is being built. Water changes would be easy since the tank would be right next to a lab sink. Also, the house is being built less than a mile from the school.

Back
Top Bottom