New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you think you'll eventually go reef, I'd seriously consider skipping the lionfish all together and populate from the start with reef friendly fish and inverts.

im pretty sure thats what i wanna do now i love the lionfish but then i cant have anything else so im gonna do a reef friendly fish and invert tank now the question is what fish do i wanna put in my tank i def want some False Percula Clownfish a pair any ideas for other fish?

yeah i plan on a dwarf zebra lion fish i read they were messy eaters but shouldnt be fed more then 3 times a week,which helps cut down on there waste and with two power heads the BR/LR and a filter i hope everything will work out fine with there waste. What do you recomend for a good protein skimmer? Also i was looking to just do a biowheel filter with LR as the filter media. BUT any ideas for a CUC...sorry i have some questions but you can only learn so much from books and online sites and i see everyone is very helpful here.

Lionfish really aren't that messy when they eat, because they like to swallow thier prey whole. It's the fish that like to thrash thier prey to pieces that make a real mess...eels are a good example.

Lionfish are messy , though, in the fact that , like most carnivores , they put out alot of waste.

HAHA well i found out that i could have some corals with a lionfish just no shrimp or crabs!! well only soft corals will be fine with them any ideas of some nice lower to medium lighting soft corals? since a lion will not do good with high lighting...

Back
Top Bottom