New Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted a while ago about my bulb and fixture possibly having a fault.

Well I convinced my boss to pay for a new fixture due to a fire hazard in the office.

I have NO idea about LED bulbs. HEck the last time I bought a fixture the most important thing was WPG lol.

Is this what I need? I do have a hood/cover on thee tank which I don't REALLY want to remove.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073Z6D2M...90af-e5cfe574a05e&ie=UTF8&qid=1520165856&sr=1

The nicrew is not bad, but would you post a pic of your tank and lid and provide volume and dimensions of the tank? Perhaps there are better options out there. I cant recall what was in the tank either (fish, shrimp, plants, combination of the above, etc).

It all depends, lights are lights unless your doing a planted tank then you might want something to help them grow. There's so many people on here I can't recall your post either. Alittle more information would help. Size tank, kinds fish, planted or not, what kinda light your looking for? It all matters. And how often you'd want to clean the tank. A low lighted tank is sometimes best if you don't wanta clean it as much. The more light/ stronger light you have and how long you'll have it on for will give you more algae, which of course means more cleaning. They have lots of different ones. With timers, dimmer, and so on. Just some ideas for ya to think about.

Not sure why I can't get it to turn but here is the picture. Sorry it took so long, tank is at work and I don't want to be here on my day off lol.

The tank is 24" wide, by 12" deep, by about 16.6" tall.20180305_083116.jpg

I am looking for slow growth on what I THINK is Anubias. Unfortunately the tank gets a little sun, but there is not much of a way around it.

So what's wrong with the one that's on it now. Does it not turn on? Is the bulb blown? Should have a number on the bulb to replace it instead of buying a new fixture.

The fixture itself is shot unfortunately. It shorted out and I'm not comfortable using it anymore. It may have just been a falty bulb but once my boss saw that, she was concerned.20180219_132843.jpg20180219_132826.jpg

Hmm, if that's the case, should I get the 24" one?

Truthfully, when it comes to aquarium lighting, I know ZERO about LED's and plants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019YXYO1E/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I'm actually leaning towards this one. I want black #1. And some of the reviews made it sound like if you got the full 24" unit, it would need to sit above the hood and I don't want that. I want one that can sit right on the clear plastic of the hood.

I have this light, and yes you can remove the brackets and lay it flat on the glass. I would recommend getting the timer that goes with it so that it can stay on light schedule weekends, and you will not have to worry about it getting left on.

I have this light, and yes you can remove the brackets and lay it flat on the glass. I would recommend getting the timer that goes with it so that it can stay on light schedule weekends, and you will not have to worry about it getting left on.
Fantastic thank you!!!

I actually already have a timer so it's on from 8-5 7 days a week.

Boss is out for personal time atm but I'll have her get it asap.

Back
Top Bottom