New lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ztkirkpatric

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have (6) 72" T-12 VHO's on my 150 gallon reef tank.. The bulbs are all old, the fixtures are wearing out... I'm looking at a whole new system, however, I don't like the heat that halides put off and LEDs are still too expensive... What would you guys recommend?

I've looked at those, not sure how I feel about them... Made in china, probably no customer support/warranty, and i think they're underpowered... If you read about them it says they're only 2w instead if 3w led

Ztkirkpatric said:
I've looked at those, not sure how I feel about them... Made in china, probably no customer support/warranty, and i think they're underpowered... If you read about them it says they're only 2w instead if 3w led

I just bought the Kessils and they are AWESOME!! I had considered the Taotronics but honestly, I don't have good luck so with that being said I was afraid that I would have issues and I didn't see a phone number. That's not to say that you shouldn't try them though. As stated above, there's been a few on here who have them and think they are good lights.

I have read many members here recommend the Taotronics. I bought the Aqua Illuminations Sol Blue before ever joining AA and reading the forums. I keep some SPS three inches off the sand with fast growth. I would recommend the AI but they are pricey. My guess is the Taotronics are more than adequate as testified by others.

I'm making a 100 gallon reef tank and I'm going with rapidled.com lights since they put out lots of power but they're still LEDs and other members on here say that this is really good for sps and that you really would have to put low light corals on the bottom of the tank they're just that strong. Also the rapidleds make more power in one unit then 2 1/2 taotronics.

Fishfreak1 said:
I'm making a 100 gallon reef tank and I'm going with rapidled.com lights since they put out lots of power but they're still LEDs and other members on here say that this is really good for sps and that you really would have to put low light corals on the bottom of the tank they're just that strong. Also the rapidleds make more power in one unit then 2 1/2 taotronics.

Heard GREAT things about the rapidled's. a few in my local forum have them and love them.

Back
Top Bottom