New Lights--Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am setting up a new 29 gallon-30" wide tank for a friend. He wants to be able to keep a few "easy" coral--that's what he says now, next week he will want a clam. I have always used PC on a tank of this size, but we are open to suggestions. Costs isn't the biggest concern, heat is. There is no room for a chiller on this setup. There are some nice 24" VHO and T5 hoods available. Are these much better than the PC and will heat be an issue. Thanks. R

I have VHO`s with no heat problem. Some people have problems when covered by a canopy. But all that needs is a small fan installed in the canopy to blow the air out. I`m talking about one of those computer fans. 3-5 inch fans

So are the VHOs that much brighter than PC watt for watt?? I could either put 2-75 watt bulbs or 4. The 4 bulb, 300 watt light must be very bright, but I would think the 2 bulb 150 watt setup would be about the same as a 130 watt PC. Thanks.
R

Back
Top Bottom