New Livestock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demodiki

Aquarium Advice Freak
So...we just brought home some new tankmates today. Got a peppermint shrimp and he certainly made himself at home among the rocks. The fire shrimp has also made himself at home. That thing can really move those legs fast!

Our new coral beauty angel seems to be liking the place. He keeps swimming in and around our smallest PH. I guess/hope he likes the current.

Our new strawberry crab fell face first into the DSB and he hasn't moved much since:( Hope he lives because my wife and daughter already named him.

Lastly, we got a new red linkia starfish that is slowly drip acclimating. This is our first starfish...any advice on getting them in the tank and surviving? Are they ok as the water gets colder?

Thanks for listening to me!

Are they ok as the water gets colder?
Do you have a heater? They are not very tolerant of water fluctuations of any kind-ca/alk, PH, SG, Temp. etc. so keep an eye on it. FWIW, I would not let the tank get under 77-78 degrees. HTH

Update:
The fireshrimp, strawberry crab and our angel beauty all seem to be doing fine. All are moving about and eating.

Unfortunately, the starfish appears to be disintegrating or melting. We drip acclimated him for about 5 hours yesterday but it look slike he's going to die. Should we remove him? Is he really dying?

The peppermint shrimp we bought is MIA...do they hide in the sand? Any other critters prey on peppermints?

We also have an emerald crab.

Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom