New LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on my LR cycle. It's going pretty good, ammonia and nitrite are off the chart and it's been cycling for about 4 1/2 days. Do I need to do a water change in the cycling tub or anything? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Update. So the LR cycle is going good. Water parameters are
Ammonia .25
Nitrite 2.0
And I didn't bother testing nitrate. How much longer you think? I had a spike in ammonia that was 5.0 about 4 days ago

Could take about 3-6 weeks. The longer u can leave it alone in tub the better. Even when I buy 'cured live rock" from lfs or from someone (which is what I usually do) I QT. Heater good flow. If u can skim it. This will have a foul smell. Its done when the smell goes away and smells more like the ocean...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110323_013005.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110323_013005.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 141
Um ok I'm pretty sure I did this wrong. I'm in Korea I got live rock from the store it had some green stuff on it. I immediately put in my tank. My understanding was it was already cured. It's been in there for 3 days and I don't smell anything what I do wrong?

So a often water changes. What's your ammonia? If you don t knpw u should! Than keep a constant watch (test every day for a few weeks) for any spikes test for your nitrates too keep me uptaded buddy!

I think it's cycling, have-not been able to test cuz all the kits are in Korean. I'm going to try find a English one today.

So I just did a water test on my cycling rock and ammonia is 0 nitrites are max on the chart and so is nitrates! Coming along!!

So my LR has been cycling for almost two weeks I think and about 3 days ago the ammonia dropped to zero and the trites dropped to .25 the trates are 160. Tested the water this morning and trites are still at .25 am I doing something wrong here? When my tank cycled as soon as I saw a drop like that it was the next day that the ammonia and nitrites went to zero

Back
Top Bottom