New member. Ed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. Joined today. Bit about how I got into Marine fish. Bought a green spotted puffer juvenile from my LFS and they wrongly advised me it was permenantly freshwater. After much research I realised I had to gradually acclimatise it to salt water from fresh, to brackish, to marine and from a tiny 5 gallon tank. This started a massive learning curve with salinity etc etc etc to my 40 gallon marine tank which is flourishing two years down the line with many other additions to the tank. Bearing in mind I have a puffer fish, but thankfully it is not aggresive so have some tank mates which it hasnt eaten. Joined as bought some green star polyp frags and wanted some advice on how to help them colonise some rock and start my coral introduction to the tank. Any help would be great. Cheers, Ed.

Hello. Good job getting your puff into marine conditions. Do you have pics to share? How big is your puff?

GSP

Hi. Terence. will put some more pics up soon. And yes it was very difficult adjusting her to marine water. Took 18 months from her only being 1/2 inch to now nearly 3 inches and some would say that is too soon for GSP in marine. However she flourishes in it with amazing character. Plays with our cats watching from the other side of the glass. I had to raise the salinity by 0.002 each week for months but learnt loads doing it along the way.

Back
Top Bottom