New pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sayanth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok.my last angelfish pair got into a horrible fight that i had to move the male . I put 2 smaler and younger males with the fe hoping to get a new pair. Now the two males ar fighting and i hav to remove one. Now the male is following the fe and swimming around her and flashing at her. Ar the pairing up?

Ok.my last angelfish pair got into a horrible fight that i had to move the male . I put 2 smaler and younger males with the fe hoping to get a new pair. Now the two males ar fighting and i hav to remove one. Now the male is following the fe and swimming around her and flashing at her. Ar the pairing up?

It sounds like it but since these are smaller/younger males, it may be more a dominance thing than a breeding thing. You'll be better able to tell by how he handles the other fish in the tank. If he and or she both start keeping any other fish in the tank away from them, make sure you have a spawning site for them to use. (y) If he just beats on her and no one else, keep an eye out for injuries and separate them if necessary. Only time will tell. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom