New peacock eel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I bought my peacock eel and introduced him to his new home! My tank is cycled, I did a fish less cycle! I was just wandering how to feed him? I bought frozen bloodworms so I'm not sure how to feed him! Any help please?:) thanks! His name is wallaby if anyone cares! :)

Defrost the worms in a cup of aquarium water then release it into the water. Do this at night since most eels are shy and nocturnal.

You can also use a turkey baster to get the blood worms near the eel, this gives him a greater chance of getting to them first.

My Fire Eel loves Blood Worms but for his staple I feed him prawns. If you take a shrimp and rip it into tiny pieces he should take it. If he still won't take Blood Worms or Shrimp then try live Ghost Shrimp.

Today I bought my peacock eel and introduced him to his new home! My tank is cycled, I did a fish less cycle! I was just wandering how to feed him? I bought frozen bloodworms so I'm not sure how to feed him! Any help please?:) thanks! His name is wallaby if anyone cares! :)

Make sure there are no gaps in your aquarium hood! They can escape.

Eels are my weak spot in aquaria.. I just have no luck with them. I lost the 18" fire eel (in my avatar) one morning while at work. It moved the 5lb weight that was on the lid and managed to escape. I took a couple years off of eels then picked up another fire eel which died while swimming up the oulet pipes of my FX5. I'd love to keep them but I'm jinxed by them.

Also, I haven't seen him today, at the store his head was poked out if the gravel but I haven't seen him. I look all around my tank in the occasion if him escaping but I didn't see him! I dug in the sand in various places in my tank but still no luck. Since I read they are mostly nocturnal, I turned one if the tank lights off and my rooms light off and I also bought some live black worms at the store today and dropped a few in there!

Also, I haven't seen him today, at the store his head was poked out if the gravel but I haven't seen him. I look all around my tank in the occasion if him escaping but I didn't see him! I dug in the sand in various places in my tank but still no luck. Since I read they are mostly nocturnal, I turned one if the tank lights off and my rooms light off and I also bought some live black worms at the store today and dropped a few in there!

I bought a peacock eel a couple months ago.
I haven't seen him since the day I bought him.

Well if anyone knows how long until I might see my eel next then that would be cool! Haha the black worms I out in there are gone so idk! They were live so they might have crawled away or something

before mine jumped out of the tank i could feed them (i've had 2) both earthworms, cut into about 1 inch long pieces, by hand. it took both of mine 4-5 days before i seen them and then another 3-7 days after that before i seen them eat. I love the little buggers and i plan on getting another one eventually( bought an acrylic cover that i cut precisely around my HOB filter and tubings so there is no more than a 1/8 inch gap anywhere and that is all under my light fixture/lid

I did a lot of research before getting mine so any questions you have let me know I'll do my best

Peacock Eels usually hide constantly. The smaller spiney eels are all like this. You'll see him when you rearrange your decorations and possibly if you use a moonlight and watch the tank late at night.

Back
Top Bottom