New peppered corys hiding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Started a 55 gallon 2 and a half weeks ago, tank is cycled from established filter and media from another tank and a bunch of plants. I knew I was taking a risk as I wanted a serpae tetra tank with peppered corys as bottom feeders. I currently have 22 serpaes and 5 corys. I plan on getting 5 more but the problem is the 5 corys are hiding when then lights are on and I think this is because it seems they are scared of the serpaes. It seems as if their are usually a couple of serpaes taking interest in the corys and hover around them and will eventually give them a nudge. Now I knew that this was risky with serpaes but thought if I had a big enough group that they would keep their aggression to themselves. The corys only come out at night as they will hide in my driftwood during the day.They will eat everything I give them as I will feed them a few hours after lights out. Do you think the corys will be a little braver once I get the other 5? I'm stuck with these serpaes now and almost regret it but from reading up on them the consensus was that if you had a tank big enough and had enough of them that they would not pick on corys. Any suggestions out there that anyone can give would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom