New pics of my 75 gal African tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riot84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Been a long time since I've posted anything on here, much less pics but I've had some time off recently and decided to share some pics.

Attachments

• image-132992330.jpg
    image-132992330.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1867222807.jpg
    image-1867222807.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2094549848.jpg
    image-2094549848.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1551849822.jpg
    image-1551849822.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 113
  • image-806838326.jpg
    image-806838326.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2467710305.jpg
    image-2467710305.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 126
Some very colorful Africans, Riot! The fish look great, as do their rock caves you created!

I'm a goldfish enthusiast myself, but your tank looks shweeeeet! Do you plan on adding a background of any kind? That's just one of the MANY caveats of MY tank...:(

I've thought about putting a background on but unfortunately the tank is not in an easy spot to get behind so it would be a hassle. Shoulda thought about it before I set it up but oh well. I don't mind the white wall behind it. However if I ever have to tear it down for some reason I think I'm gonna do a 3D background in there to add depth.

I've thought about putting a background on but unfortunately the tank is not in an easy spot to get behind so it would be a hassle. Shoulda thought about it before I set it up but oh well. I don't mind the white wall behind it. However if I ever have to tear it down for some reason I think I'm gonna do a 3D background in there to add depth.

I'm in the SAME spot as you with regard to that -- in fact, I tried slipping a "wannabe" background on the back of mine and ended up making a mess with the HOB filters, scratching the glass as I attempted to slip the background on between the filters' leveling knobs and the glass....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

You are absolutely right -- backgrounds should go on BEFORE a tank is fully assembled...:banghead:

The 3D backgrounds are really, really awesome as well -- I've seen a lot of Chichlid tanks done with these, and they really add a natural effect...from what I understand though, the intake tubes of HOB filters have to be specially adjusted because the 3D backgrounds sit WITHIN the tank itself...

BTW -- Let me know what you think of my tank in the thread just a couple of threads below yours here ("Artesia's 60 Gallon Goldfish Redesign Journal")...(y)

I've actually got a canister filter on this one and my 55 so it shouldn't be too hard to fit a 3D background in later. And I'll definitely check out your thread. :)

Oh, okay, well with a canister filter the 3D shouldn't be much of a problem, if at all; and thanks for checkin' out my setup! (y)

You'll see what I mean when I tell people on this forum I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing when it comes to 'scaping, theming, designing or tank layout.....:nono: :nono: :( :(

That ob is probably my favorite in the tank. He's actually the one that made me want to set up an African tank.

Nice setup!! Love the OB!! I have the same looking one! Very nice colors! Yours has more red though... Very jealous lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom