New Pics Of My 90 Gallon Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. :) You might have missed the more recent photos and changes on page 2.

Hello Aquarium Advice members. Hope all have been well.
I lost a lot of my fish due to Hexamita and had to nuke the tank. I have three of my original goldfish left and one new in qt at least 30 days. I have been battling a hole in the wen on one of them since before February. He is finally healing. No more substrate, and no more live plants for this tank. I have to keep it simple. I replaced the media in my sump with two large pieces of Poret foam from Swiss Tropicals. This has all been very stressful and overwhelming. Yesterday I gave away one of my retro nanos. I just needed less to focus on right now. I still have two retro nanos with bettas.
Anyway..here are some pics of the new setup. It is still cycling.

new guy in qt

This is Vann, who I have been nursing back to health with a hole in his wen.

Thanks so much. I tried everything and was getting a lot of advice all over. Just brainstorming with everyone I could find on what it could be. I was giving injections of baytril...twice. Several different types of meds. This guy is a real strong trooper. Finally I treated with Metronidazole and Nitrofuracen thanks to someone's advice who has truly become a friend in the process, and started seeing the best results. It was so bad it ate away to his skull!

Your fish still look wonderful. The minimalistic layout has a zen look to it. Nice. Large fancies like that remind me of puppies. Thanks for the update.

Thank you:) This tank has a sump with baffles.{it used to be our sw reef}
So now I am using two large pieces of Poret Foam from Swiss Tropicals.

Sounds good, I have a simple 120l tank with a eheim 250. Just ordered a reactor to go inside for purigen to keep my nitrates under control, tap water is rubbish were I live. Only just joined so will take a pic of H and use him for my profile pic :) would appreciate it if you could list the exact spec of your setup :)

I meant to say, welcome! When I have more time later I can list the specs. I am trying to keep things simpler this time around.

Thank you :) my tanks pretty simple. 120l with three fancies, H is my fave and interacts with me. Filter is an Eheim 250 which I'm going to supplement with a chemical reactor running purigen. This will be in a corner of the tank run by an Eheim compact 300. Saving up so next month going to get an Eheim Scubaline 140. Biggest I can go for due to size of house :( . Thinking of setting up a Hamburg Matten filter using poret foam. Nitrates have always been an issue with me due in part to the local tap water and the fact I could do with a bigger tank! For the substrate in a new tank I'm thinking of using Seachem's Flourite and putting in a couple of plants that I know will be a slad lol.
As a treat for the boy's I'm going to switch to Hikari food and see how they get on along with some peas and blood worm a couple of times a week. Well that's me, will post some pics when I've cleaned the back of the tank, the boy's aren't to happy at the moment which is evident in their fins so I'm hoping the changes I'm making will have a big impact.
What part of the world are you from?

I meant to say, welcome! When I have more time later I can list the specs. I am trying to keep things simpler this time around.

Found out how to check out profiles but not how to update mine :( I love Florida, been about ten times over the years mainly to Lakeland. I live in the UK but am lucky to have friends in the states hence my frequent visits :) last visit was to Mainville in Ohio. Hoping to go again for Christmas this year as long as I don't spend all my money on fish lol.

Funny you mention Poret foam! It was recently suggested to me. So I removed the media I was using in the sump-Eheim media in mesh bags, and restarted with two large custom pieces of Poret foam. I really love it so far. It looks as though it will keep the sump much cleaner. The bags just got nasty sitting down there, with no real good way to clean them.
So this tank is a standard 90 gallon with a built in overflow. 48X18X24" We use a Durso standpipe in the overflow, to cut down on the flushing sound. My hubby built the stand/canopy, which are connected, not separate pieces out of a pine frame and oak outside. The lighting is 2X 54 watt T-5 HO Guisemann bulbs, which is now kind of overkill without the live plants. The sump is a 29 gallon as mentioned, with a filter sock and the two pieces of poret foam which are situated between baffles. {I can take pics}
Then there is an older model external Blueline 850 GPH pump, which returns via Locline.

Update~ I lost Vann sadly. All the sickness and treatment just took a hard toll on his internal organs.
Yesterday the crown pearlscale joined my other two in the main tank. I have named him Sumo

I took the blue glass sculpture out, as it came apart from it's base. I have a couple other items I am going to try as soon as they arrive.

So sorry to hear about Vann.

Your goldfish are amazingly cute, they have the face I just love!
& your tank is beautiful.

Mind if I ask where you got them from?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom