New piece of live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! They look great! I got some colony polyps on a piece of rock i bought a while ago, i got it and there were 5 polyps, now theres about 20

image-4147775579.jpg

You should post more pics as they grow!

I def will. There had to be 15 or so of them. The piece is on the sand bed right now cause I like the way it looks. Not sure if they will need more light or not. They were all closed when I put in it and they are all open now. Any thoughts of I should move it up?

View attachment 103432

It on the bottom right of the tank. It's all points that why I like it in the sand bed almost like a dead tree look

Are those compact florecent lights? If they are open now dont move them... Im no expert with coral but if they are open they are probably comfortable for at least the time being. Just keep an eye on them if they look like they are shrinking maybe move them up a few inches

No matter the coral, you always want to start it in the sandbed to make sure you don't burn it with the lights... if those are PC I would move it up to mid tank in a couple of days. It looks like a zoa colony btw. The third picture is probably a sponge.

Yes they are compact flos. I am going to upgrade when I get more money.

Sniperhank said:
No matter the coral, you always want to start it in the sandbed to make sure you don't burn it with the lights... if those are PC I would move it up to mid tank in a couple of days. It looks like a zoa colony btw. The third picture is probably a sponge.

Ty. Ya I figured I would give them a couple days and see how they are doing. They all opened once I turned the lights on

Either way give it time since you just added them. Moving them around too much will stress them out as well. Good luck with them, I have never had luck with zoas personally.

Try counting the zoa's today. There are over 20 and I see more little ones opening. So even if half live it will be nice

Back
Top Bottom