New planted aquarium :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaneo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have finally finished my planted 55 gallon tank just wanted to show it off.its pretty basic but I'm new to using live plants so am pretty pleased lol

image-3278881369.jpg

It's off to a good start. Now if you could add some Crypts and maybe a Sword for some different leaf shape and a Red Tiger Lotus bulb for some color I think once the tank matures its going to look really good.

Thanks for the suggestions,will have a look for them plants next time I'm in the shop :) might get a few assasin snails to make sure no snails that might of snuck in ruin all my work :)

Don't be in a rush to get assissin snails. One thing you can do to help keep hitchhiking snails, snail eggs, and other pests is to rinse your new plants off with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) before planting them. Plus assissin snails need snails to feed off of so they would starve in a snail free tank. Another thing is if you add assissin snails you can never add any good snails such as Nerites or Malaysian Trumpet Snails while the assissins are in your tank. Just something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom