New planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Java Ferns don't like their rhizome covered, they are best to be tied or anchored with the corner of a stone or wired or glued to driftwood or stone. Maybe out of the brightest light, prefer subdued light. Bet that will help!

As for your earlier post on azgardens, I have ordered from them myself and they were good to me. For the java fern, definitely don't have the rhyzomes covered like mentioned above. Sounds like you have low light, so the amount of light shouldn't be too much of a problem. As for the grass, I've never had good luck with it.

Oh ok so I really screwed up. I'll replant those tomorrow, also the hair grass has spread by 2"!

So I was able to pull up the java ferns enough to expose the rhizomes and keep the roots rooted in the substrate. I'll keep their progress updated.

I got a co2 tank for my bday, all i have to do is fill it and connect it and I'm golden.

Just got some mts from another member, those babies went to work right away on the aquarium!

Looks really good! I like contrast between the dark and light sand. That is black sand, isn't it?

So today was about beautiful babies! I bought some baby dwarf tears and 5 baby angels!
1 yellow, white, silver, black and black w silver stripes. They are all about the size of a nickel. I'll get some pics up in the afternoon.

So today was about beautiful babies! I bought some baby dwarf tears and 5 baby angels!
1 yellow, white, silver, black and black w silver stripes. They are all about the size of a nickel. I'll get some pics up in the afternoon.

My first angel was black with silver stripes. Very pretty. You'll love them!

Back
Top Bottom