New pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have to rehome my common pleco and i need a new pleco for my tank. What kinds have you guys or girls owned that are cool and realatively cheap? I already have a golden nugget in a different tank so that ones out haha

Well if it is a 20 gal or 15 get a bristle nose pleco or rubber lip

55 gallon and no not planted and in about two months the tank will be empty besides the pleco i get.

I've never bred them but from what I've read it doesn't appear very hard. The trick is finding them old enough that you can see the sex of them.

I've never bred them but from what I've read it doesn't appear very hard. The trick is finding them old enough that you can see the sex of them.

I read males have bushy noses and females have it by the lips or none at all.

Yes that is correct but you have to find ones old enough for the males to have bristles. Young males don't have bristles and I don't remember how old males are before their bristles begin growing in.

Bristle nosed plecos are great! I had one and it was out all day. Give it some real driftwood and it'll be a happy camper. I now have a clown pleco, very cool pattern, but im lucky to see it once a week. I know where it's hiding though.

Bristle nosed plecos are great! I had one and it was out all day. Give it some real driftwood and it'll be a happy camper. I now have a clown pleco, very cool pattern, but im lucky to see it once a week. I know where it's hiding though.

I have a large piece of driftwood in the tank already.

I have boughten a breeding paur of bushynose plecos. But i did get a clown for my other tank.

Back
Top Bottom