New problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newkeeperotis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just carried out a water test and ph was perfect but the other 3 all a tinny bit to high I have carried out a 20% water change should I do this again tomorrow my fish already seem happier :)

You can do as many pwc as you would like if that's the answer you want to hear. It's not going to hurt them at all, fish like fresh water. But if your testing and there is no reason to do it I'd sit back and enjoy it lol

Newkeeperotis said:
I have just carried out a water test and ph was perfect but the other 3 all a tinny bit to high I have carried out a 20% water change should I do this again tomorrow my fish already seem happier :)

You may want to do a bigger water change & then the water should stay safer longer. When I was fish in cycling I did 50%+ water changes & now I do a weekly 50% water change.

Newkeeperotis said:
How long we're u leaving it between 50% water changes and how long did u have to do this for ??

If you're talking about the fish in cycling, my 10g went 8 wks with a water change every 2-3 days with a couple days of 2 water changes in the same day. My 46g took about 6 weeks with water changes about the same frequency. The main thing is to keep the ammonia & nitrites as close to zero as possible.

Back
Top Bottom