New Project (ADA Style)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padupre

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,

I've been into this hobby for like 5 years now, but just getting back after 2 years out of it.

I've always been a big fan of ADA works and now I want to start a project like that.

Down here in Brazil imported stuff are veeeeery expensive and we only have one place that represents ADA. So it´s very hard to find their products here.

To start, about 2 weeks ago (it takes about 4 to get ready) I ordered a tank (it's like ADA, just not crystal clear) size 60 x 35 x 35 (I'm gonna use meter)

So while I wait for the custom tank to get ready, I'm buying a few items:

Jebo lighting 4 T5 24W
image-3502508929.jpg

Ista CO2 kit 1 liter
image-2572863735.jpg

Eheim Ecco 2234 + Eheim Ecco 2232 connected in series
image-784178914.jpg

The 2232 is going to do the inflow with blue sponge at the bottom + 1 liter of Eheim Substrate Pro and the 2234 is going to do the output with 2 liters of Substrate Pro and carbon at the top (just for the first month).

Hoses will be connected to lilly pipes.

ADA thermometer
image-2855973455.jpg

A few hardscape items.

Any idea of what kind of rocks are these? To me, they look like Dragon Stones.
image-2745425583.jpg

image-2370749385.jpg

For now, what I'm doing is running the canisters on a bucket, for a fishless cycle. To speed up the process I'm adding Seachem Stability and NH4 from the drugstore.

This is how it looks like right now...(a mess...LOL)
image-3495518249.jpg

And for the last, since we can't find ADA Stands around here, I'm gonna have it made.
image-2503117816.jpg

So that's it for now...I look forward to see what you guys think about this...

Cheers.

So you guys can have an idea, these are the tanks I had on the past...

What always had me down was the size of the tanks (too small, the cube is 30 x 30 x 30) that always limited my work.

image-1023478501.jpg

image-2127981782.jpg

image-949040158.jpg

image-2468411974.jpg

image-1956182319.jpg

image-2136438023.jpg

Beautiful work my friend! Seeing your past work, I'm sure your new scape will be better than ever! Can't wait to see this build develop...

As for the stones, I've seen them also called dragon stone in europe aquascape videos. However, i think they're also called Ohko stone...well in the US they are. I have some myself.

Anyway... Glad to see another rimless build. BTW, that bucket of water next to your laptop frightens me! Haha

Edit: Welcome to AA! :)

Last edited:
Good Luck with your project!

The pic on the left seems to be petrified wood.

Thanks man.

Beautiful work my friend! Seeing your past work, I'm sure your new scape will be better than ever! Can't wait to see this build develop...

As for the stones, I've seen them also called dragon stone in europe aquascape videos. However, i think they're also called Ohko stone...well in the US they are. I have some myself.

Anyway... Glad to see another rimless build. BTW, that bucket of water next to your laptop frightens me! Haha

Thanks my friend!

Yes, I've heard about the Ohko Stones being the same.

By the way, that laptop is the new waterproof HP model..so no worries...hahaha

Wow, those tanks all look really good! I'm excited to see how this one turns out!

That´s just your eyes...Thanks!

I look forward to see the future steps of this project.

I'll keep you guys updated...

Hi, I'm also doing ADA style in my 72 gal. I will follow this thread. I'm doing the dry start method

Attachments

• image-1467227434.jpg
    image-1467227434.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 124
I've never seen that piggy back method with the filters, I've seen unpowered extension filter boxes , but never twin powered - interesting.

Ok, I'm back with a few changes on the project.

The tank now is a 70 x 40 x 40 cm crystal clear glass (112 liters)

Filtration now is: 2 Eheim Ecco 2234 in series.

Here is the tank...arrived on wednesday:
image-2860690647.jpg

Here is the stand, arrived just today:
image-553478970.jpg

image-2675920804.jpg

So tonight I started playing with my new set.

Fiilling up for leak test...everything is fine...
image-2781175111.jpg

The ADA thermometer...very nice!
image-1957287075.jpg

The pipes..still need to get the lilly pipes...I already changed the green Eheim hoses...
The co2 tube and the wires will be on the back of the stand...I still need to drill the hole.
image-2118312519.jpg

ADA Beetle diffuser.
image-3782601961.jpg

Inside the stand...check it out the canisters in serie...
image-2545104006.jpg

Plants I got today:
Hemianthus Micranthemoides
Glossotigma Elatinoides
Microsorium Windelov
Eleocharis Minima
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala sp. 'Green'
Echinodorus Tenellus 'Blood'
image-2548570298.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be working on the hardscape...

Keep you guys updated..

Brazilian Following

Hello my friend...

very nice work with your past tanks! I loved them and def following this new one. I'm from Parana and living here in Seattle for a while. See my thread (Step-by-step 75 reef) !

I'm already planning on building a planted one...

Good luck

That's a really nice and clean setup can't wait to see the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom