New Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like how yours is a lot more open for swimming.

Thanks. I'm swapping the 72 to 90 gallon and plan on going with stacks of all river rock if I can. I like the slate but am worried about injuries w thensharp edges and the chasing

Thanks. I'm swapping the 72 to 90 gallon and plan on going with stacks of all river rock if I can. I like the slate but am worried about injuries w thensharp edges and the chasing

I've heard of people breaking off the corners then sanding them so they aren't as sharp.

Yeah i gotcha. I think i might get river rock. I think it could look decent. I might still go to a landscaping place and look around though yet. And i still can't decide about black or tank sand lol

Yeah i gotcha. I think i might get river rock. I think it could look decent. I might still go to a landscaping place and look around though yet. And i still can't decide about black or tank sand lol

Got my river rock at landscape yard. Do you have the black sand in the tank already? I'd stick with it if so. A pain to switch! I like it but felt tans more natural

Got my river rock at landscape yard. Do you have the black sand in the tank already? I'd stick with it if so. A pain to switch! I like it but felt tans more natural

Yeah, i do have it in already. Here is a pic of my tank:

image-2486811612.jpg

The slate is just driving me crazy!

I use other round rocks put together or short thick slate to stack the slate on. I like the natural look =)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130627_235201.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130627_235201.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20130627_235217.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130627_235217.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20130627_235251.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130627_235251.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 51
I like the black sand, though, maybe brighten it up with more multicolor/light color rocks

Back
Top Bottom