New Saltwater set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
66 lbs at 6.44/lb ..
Actually it would be 10.36/lb i believe.
Considering a £ is roughly a lil more than a dollar

Guinness said:
22.04lb is $63 I think lol

Ehh I guess its not bad lol I dunno, I'm supposed to be getting 30lbs off a guy for like $50 so I consider that a bargain lol

DanS180 said:
Ehh I guess its not bad lol I dunno, I'm supposed to be getting 30lbs off a guy for like $50 so I consider that a bargain lol

30lbs is about 13kg and that works out at £31 English.

I'm paying £40 for 10kg or 22.04lbs

So your getting a better deal! (you jammy sob) lol. :-(

It's a good deal over here anyway so I'm happy lol.

Guinness said:
30lbs is about 13kg and that works out at £31 English.

I'm paying £40 for 10kg or 22.04lbs

So your getting a better deal! (you jammy sob) lol. :-(

It's a good deal over here anyway so I'm happy lol.

Haha hey as long as its a good deal then its all good :)

DanS180 said:
Haha hey as long as its a good deal then its all good :)

Yea it's a good deal, shop prices are anything from £10 -£16 per kg.

Or 22.04 for $15-$23

So yea it's a good deal lol.

New pic of the tank, have now got 25kg of live rock tank is cycled after I used 150lts of my mates water from his system left it for just over a week.
I have rearranged the rock to form lots of holes and caves for the fish to play in.

First fish 2x Clarke clowns going in tomorrow. ;-)
What do you think?
I will take a pic of the fish after they settle in and post.

image-2002459219.jpg

Guinness said:
New pic of the tank, have now got 25kg of live rock tank is cycled after I used 150lts of my mates water from his system left it for just over a week.
I have rearranged the rock to form lots of holes and caves for the fish to play in.

What do you think?

That's awesome! Looking good. I like the rock work.. maybe down the line stack a few more in the middle? :)

DanS180 said:
That's awesome! Looking good. I like the rock work.. maybe down the line stack a few more in the middle? :)

Yea I think I will, I'm just going to add maybe 1kg a week, keeps the cost down and allows me to spend more on fish and corals, although I need a wave maker and a skimmer first lol.

Anyway it's about time you changed your name! Dans180 er you sold the 180 so should be Dans0 lol ;-)

Guinness said:
Yea I think I will, I'm just going to add maybe 1kg a week, keeps the cost down and allows me to spend more on fish and corals, although I need a wave maker and a skimmer first lol.

Anyway it's about time you changed your name! Dans180 er you sold the 180 so should be Dans0 lol ;-)

Technically I haven't sold it yet! :( lol I didn't even know you could change your name

Guinness said:

What do you think?

Hey!! It's looking great!! I really like how you came forward with the rock at the edges! Great job!

Beengirl said:
Hey!! It's looking great!! I really like how you came forward with the rock at the edges! Great job!

Thank you, I'm really happy with it and can't wait to pick up the fish tomorrow. ;-)

Guinness said:
Thank you, I'm really happy with it and can't wait to pick up the fish tomorrow. ;-)

Wait, I just noticed your first post about you were getting a tank was 1 week ago. Is this tank cycled? You might wanna dose ammonia up to 4ppm and see if it goes down overnight. I just don't want you to put these beautiful fish in and then they die cuz tank's not cycled and then You get frustrated cuz your fish died. My 55g took a month to cycle. Don't believe what the "instant cycle" stuff says.

I think you can change your name only if you have a membership. Hopefully you go the fishless cycling route!

Beengirl said:
Wait, I just noticed your first post about you were getting a tank was 1 week ago. Is this tank cycled? You might wanna dose ammonia up to 4ppm and see if it goes down overnight. I just don't want you to put these beautiful fish in and then they die cuz tank's not cycled and then You get frustrated cuz your fish died. My 55g took a month to cycle. Don't believe what the "instant cycle" stuff says.

Yea tank has fully cycled now, 280ltr tank and I had 150ltr of water from my friends tank which has been running for 3 years. I have tested the water and taken a sample to 3 lfs and they have all said the water is spot on. It's basically a big water change.

I wouldn't add fish unless I was really sure. I have kept tropical fish for a numbers of years now, ok S/W is a bit different but the cycle is basically the same. But your right to ask the question some people don't know what they are doing lol. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom