New saltwater tank owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeLloyd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the community. You can CallMeLloyd ? I have a 55 gallon breeder tank as a starter tank. I am currently 11 days into the cycling process. Current readings: 7.8 pH, 0 Ammonia, 0.5 Nitrite, 20-40 Nitrate. Currently waiting for Nitrite to hit 0 then I’ll dose Ammonia one last time before fish. Super excited to get started!

Thank you Aiken! I do have a question about cycling as a newbie here, maybe someone could help me?

For the past 3 days my Ammonia has been 0 but have been waiting for my Nitrites to reach 0. My question is do I need to dose again with Ammonia for the bacteria or should I just wait until Nitrites hits 0 then dose Ammonia too make sure tank is cycled?

Im really not a salt water guy, your thread in the saltwater getting started section is the best way to get a good answer. We have some very knowledgeable saltwater guys and im sure you will get a good answer once one of them comes online.

If I was cycling a FW tank (i actually am at the moment and im at a similar stage as you) i would be redosing ammonia. Cycling FW and SW are similar processes as far as im aware

Back
Top Bottom