New set up 175 G Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoriB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!! Just wanted to introduce myself and start reading some threads. :n00b: I am in the beginning stages of setting up a 175 G Reef Aquarium in the wall with viewing from two rooms. We just received our kit to drill the holes and install the overflows on the end panels as well as the return holes. :uzi: Woooohooooo. Then the tank will be inserted into it's resting place that is ready and waiting in the wall. : ) I ordered a custom built Berlin Sump System from LifeReef and have a shopping list a mile long at Marine Depot. I have on order the Solaris I5 LED lights. I am looking forward to buying a bit more fun stuff such as LR, LS and the rest of the living village. I look forward to meeting fellow lovers of the sea and welcome any and all advice in my venture. :D
Thanks
Lori

Welcome to AA, LoriB! You can view some retailers that we listed in the forum or you can hop into Underwateroutlet to get some LRs. Yeah, you're lucky marinedepot is in CA, so no tax for u :p, I gotta pay tax if I order from there :) Don't forget to get refractometer, they got some nice deals there for that!

Thank You!

Thanks Bawel,
I have one in my shopping cart. I have so much in my shopping cart there I got a big discount not to mention free shipping and other goodies. lol Pays to buy big I guess. lol
Thanks for the welcome!
Lori

Thanks everybody!! Man I have been going through threads like crazy!! Lots of stuff on here! Good info as well! Read ziggy's tank catastrophe earlier tday!! Oh the fears others stories can put in ya hey? Makes you recheck and recheck though!! : )
Glad his came out okay in the end!!
Lori

Melosu58 Beautiful tank!! Why is it a FOWLR? It looks like you have corals in there as well? Sorry if this a stupid q, new to the reef! : ) I was curious is all.
Lori

FOWLR = fish only with live rock so any tank that has corals would be considered a reef. I think if you search around there is a list of acronyms around here somewhere since a lot of people use some weird ones around here. took me a while to figure out what they all meant.

Melosu58 Beautiful tank!! Why is it a FOWLR? It looks like you have corals in there as well?

The eel tank on the bottom was a FOWLR tank. I have to get rid of that pic because I tore that tank down this week. The big tank on top is my reef tank. Thanks for the compliment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom