New set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katiedd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i was just wondering about how to go about setting up my new tropical fish tank. I currently have a 64L tropical tank that started leaking yesterday, so today i am going to go and buy a new one however i would like a much bigger one (around 100-150l) that would be suitable for bigger fish and/or just more fish in general.
So my fish tanks numbers are currently at maximum capacity being host to 21 small fish and 5 clean up crew. Its fully set up (tropical), biological filter and all and has been like this for months now. So do i keep all the water from this tank and put it into my new one and then fill the remaining amout with treated tap water adding good bacteria enhancer and quick start?
Or do i just fill the new tank entirely with fresh water with all the necessary treatments?
I do not have anywhere else to put the fish while i cycle the new tank as like i said, my current tank is leaking and also my other ones not big enough for all the fish. I don't want to lose any fish during this process so any advice on which is my safest option?

Hi,i think is best to add as much of the old water as possible,because for what i read and seen on different forums fish can get stressed when changed from an stablished tank/water to a 100% fresh water,if you can add all the media and sponge from the present filter to the new filter,that will help to jump start the cycling process...hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom