New setup (55 gallon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just recently got a 55 gallon at the dollar a gallon petco sale even though I should have gotten the 40 breeder since it has a better footprint and gives me more options on fish and aqua scaping...but since I got the 55 gallon I'm stumped on what to get two things that I have wanted for quite some time are rope fish and an elephant nose but I don't think this tank would work out very well for them...so my next idea is to try out a cichlid setup but I don't know very much about cichlids and what kinds or kind or what would work in a 55 I have looked into demasoni and they seem pretty neat...I have also wanted shell dwellers for a long time but I don't know what I could add so the top and middle part of the tank don't look so empty...so any and ALL suggestions are welcome...thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here is my 55g stock.
Planted
A platinum angel pair
9 black neons (prefer rummy nose)
3 otos (along with these and my plants I never see algae)
German gold ram pair
German blue ram pair

Well I have seven other tanks all planted I have angles already I might start off just raising some angel fish fry in this tank until I get a good idea of what I want to do and what do some research on the fish I will want

Yeah, i would do a cichlid tank. Decor is pretty easy just a lot of rocks. African cichlids come in endless colors and sizes.

Yeah I just don't know what kinds would stay small enough I think the demasonis would work but they seem pretty aggressive...I really want to do shell dwellers I just need to know what else could go with them

You could try posting in the cichlid forum on this site:

I bought 20 demasoni and 10 yellow lab fry off eBay from a seller "rmbro" who was very good and the fish are great, had then for a month now. It was about $70 plus shipping

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My 55 is a shoal of gold barbs, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 kuhli loaches,and a pair of bn pleco. Barbs are amazingly active in a 55.

Back
Top Bottom