New stock idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ynotony

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so please I am not looking for people to say tank is to small or I shouldn't get that fish.....but i know that i will get those and everybody is open to there own opinion but I am just looking for some tips and input on my feeding plans and maitance schedule......I have already made plans with a friend of mine to take them once they get to big for me to handle he has a 300-400 gallon pond and is going to put them in there when I can't manage them.

Fish will be in the tank in a few weeks to a month once tank is ready for them

1x alligator gar- coming in at only 3 inches

Middle
2x peacock bass both are 2 inches long

Bottom

1x tiger shovel nose catfish- 2 inches

The guy at my local fish store is going out of his way to get the fish at these specific sizes for me as I don't want any possibility of one eating the other and so on. I've had peacock bass and tigers before but made the mistake of feeding everyday. This go around I'm going to use a strict feeding schedule of every 2-3 days alternating between live and frozen foods.

As far as cleaning schedule I will be doing a 25% water change every week with a gravel vac as well. In terms of the vacuumed I'm purchasing a electronic gravel vac as well as a syphon one.

Let me know what y'all would suggest in terms of feeding and cleaning routine.

For cleaning i would 50% WC every week maybe two depending on tank size? I can't say for feeding as I've never had those types of fish. I feed daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a 75 for now....planning on upgrading in a month and then giving them to a friend when I can manage them anymore

Back
Top Bottom