new stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisgaucher

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about doing my 29 gal community.tank. Its gravel and has fake and live plants. Also some deco. Any ideas what I should put in it? Thinking about something a.little bigger than 2 inches

So you think 7 would be fine? Are they expensive fish?

No your mikrogeophagus ramerzi (blue ram) costs in the vicinity of $8. Line bred types can be a little pricier.Another common ram is the Bolivian ram I can think of the sp name off hand but they aren't quite as nice as blues

Okay thank you that sounds like a good idea. But I'm still looking Hahaa. I've never had rams before

Oh really? That's cool! I really want a fish that will.start small and grow big

Stable is not a PH value. Most tank bred fish are so far removed from their natural waters that they do fine at neutral PH (7).

I'd argue that stable is a far better PH value than a number.

No it is more important to keep your PH stable as opposed to a specific PH value. Saying your PH is stable would be like saying my tempurature is hot. My point is stable PH doesn't tell you how acidic or alkaline your water is, which is essential when keeping certain fish, just that it doesn't fluctuate. For the purpose of the poster a neutral PH of 7 will do fine for most common species.

Oh really? That's cool! I really want a fish that will.start small and grow big

Most fish at your LFS are sold as juveniles so you get to watch them grow up. I'm about to have some dwarf fry if your interested send me a PM they are free

I think we are just misunderstanding eachother. I though he was trying to say stable was a unit of measurement.

Back
Top Bottom