New sw fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callummm93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi can somone tell why you have to introduce new fish slowly every couple of weeks if you want new fish? Thanks

To insure your beneficial bacteria have a chance to increase ammonia conversion. To many fish at once can cause an ammonia spike and kill everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

it's exciting adding fish go slow 1 every 2weeks or so , just don't overstock and be sure all are compatible with one another and make sure they are compatible with tank size.

Nice one cheers ? Iv got 2 clowns a wrasse and a blue emporor angle couple star fish and snails in a 200litre tank how many would you guys reccomend to have or is that enough? I know i will need bigger as the angel grows

it's exciting adding fish go slow 1 every 2weeks or so , just don't overstock and be sure all are compatible with one another and make sure they are compatible with tank size.

Nice one cheers ? Iv got 2 clowns a wrasse and a blue emporor angle couple star fish and snails in a 200litre tank how many would you guys reccomend to have or is that enough? I know i will need bigger as the angel grows
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

as I stated above

just so you are aware the emperor angel can get as big as 1ft 3in and require a tank around 220 us gallons , a 200 liter tank = aprox 53 us gallons . this would be my only concern , unless you are prepared to upgrade sometime in the near future once he starts growing . beautiful fish though .
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/Emperor Angel

Last edited:
As said above, people forget that fish grow. There may be a lot of space now, but as the fish grow they will take up a lot more room.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have your heart set on an angle fish there a lot of cool looking dwarf angle fish that should fit your tank size.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you have your heart set on an angle fish there a lot of cool looking dwarf angle fish that should fit your tank size.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Go ahead and name me a few mate?

Not only Dwarf Angels but Pigmy Angels as well.
Dwarfs: Centropyge eibli,
C. Vroliki ( a.k.a. Pearlscale, Halfblack Angel),
Flame Angel,

Pigmys:
Atlantic Pigmy ( C argi),
Flameback Pigmy (C. aurantonota),
African Flameback (C. acanthops),
Hawaiian Fisheri ( C. fisheri),
White tail Pigmy ( C. flavicuada),

are all considered the easier Angels for beginners. The list expands tremendously after you have some experience. I'd keep this in mind: If you don't do well with any of the above, you will probably do worse with the more pickier fish that are very common in your pet shops.

There are some very good books on Angelfish ( and Butterflies) by authors Gerald Allen and/or Roger Steene that would be a good investment to have in your library so you can see how they generally do in aquariums. This way you can have the info at your fingertips before you go fish "shopping". ;) (y)

If you want to see the dwarf angle fish go to live aquaria and select dwarf angles, there you can see the colors and sizes they come in. So you can get an angle but not one that can grow up to 10 inch or bigger.

Be careful if eventually want corals too. Most of the dwarf angels are not the most trusted fish with inverts.

Back
Top Bottom