New T-8 bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharkbait54 said:
Ok so for now I got a couple of 8k t-8s they are pretty pinkish like you said but that doesn't affect the light the plants get right?

It should not be an issue.

Now I can see my plants growing rather well with the new bulbs but I would like to switch one out with a 6.7 t-8 bulb you mentioned. I'm having trouble finding them online. Do you know of any site that carries them. It's a 30" fixture and has 24" bulbs.

I don't think it would be a weird color when you have two different color bulbs.

Have you tried looking at places like Lowes, Home Depot, or Walmart for 24" Daylight T8"s? Granted, 48 inchers are more common I'd think you should be able to find a suitable bulb.

^ Very true, if you can find a daylight bulb for cheap the I'd say go for it and see what you think. I don't know if it will increase plant growth, but you can see if you like it better or not. If you don't you will not be out but a few bucks for the tube.

Well I'm here at the store and there is a floramax plant growth bulb
What intensity are these it doesn't say and are they really good for plants? Would it be ok to put one of these and an 8k bulb together for my plants. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom