New T-8 bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The T5HO? You can either get a 1x fixture or a 2x fixture that runs with one bulb. You said your tank was 30"? The 24" is 24w, but watts is a horrid, archaic measure of light output. Depending on the height of your tank, you could be well into medium light, but it's easy enough to reduce light.

Well nvm it won't allow glass tops while mounted. But I found a corallife same dual bulbs for the same price. For 50$ I wouldn't mind getting the dual fixture and I don't think the plants would mind lol.

Mhmm I'm wondering what fixture I can use where the legs will fit my tank. If I put it directly on the glass canopy would that be bad.

Seriously. Forget about watts. The fact that people thought that watts were a good measure of light at one point was incorrect. Instead it's important to focus on the technology in questions.

It will give you noticeably more light than you currently have.

aqua_chem said:
Seriously. Forget about watts. The fact that people thought that watts were a good measure of light at one point was incorrect. Instead it's important to focus on the technology in questions.

It will give you noticeably more light than you currently have.

Hahaha thanks sorry about the bombardment of questions but I'm glad I did your answer are straight and too the point thank you for your help.

You might be able to call (or email) Catalina about that. They have a hard earn reputation of working with their customers' requests. You may be able work something out.

Oh hey, it even comes with bulbs.

I've been looking at a few other threads and forums and one problem most people have with my type a tank is the shape, and how the light does not cover the whole tank. Do you think one bulb will be fine?

aqua_chem said:
You might be able to call (or email) Catalina about that. They have a hard earn reputation of working with their customers' requests. You may be able work something out.

Oh hey, it even comes with bulbs.

Will do and yah what bulb should I choose.

Hahaha I saw your sig... The lfs guy told me excel was liquid co2 today!

Ok so for now I got a couple of 8k t-8s they are pretty pinkish like you said but that doesn't affect the light the plants get right?

Back
Top Bottom