New tank additions to think about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking about adding something to my tank and wanted to get some opinions and suggestions! I am looking to get either one more medium sized fish, or a school of a smaller fish...that's where my trouble has started. I haven't kept many schooling fish. I want something that would school together pretty tight.

65 gallons - Current stock - gold severum, pearl gourami, black vail angel, green severum, albino BN pleco, YoYo loach, balloon ram. None of them are bigger then 4 inches

It is a very matured tank, and all the fish have been happy and healthy for some time now...zeros across the board with a pH around 6.8. My fish never seem to grow much, but I feed them good (bloodworm, flakes, and pellets)and do 50% water changes every week!

So what is your opinion? Any ideas? Could I do 6 penguin tetras? Or maybe a blue acara? Another angel? 12 cardinals?

The tank has been setup for over 2 years, changed over to a fluval fx5 over 6 months ago. No real plants. Lots of fake plants and rocks and driftwood. Lots of caves and thick areas of plants

That's what the color of water in the little glass tube tells me...it will sometimes go to 5ppm but usually more in the yellow shade then the orange.

If there was a test kit that would go from 1-5 ppm it might be in the 2.5 area. But anyways....any suggestions about the fish choices?

Some what Argo? I am guessing that means aggressive. My Severums are not aggressive. I have had the gold for over 2 years and a red for over 2 (died because i tried a peacock and it killed the red sev)and now the green for over 6 months. Never have had any aggression. I always keep decent sized fish with them. They will show the others who is boss, but that normal behavior

Lol my apologies, i meant agro, short for aggressive. I said Argo because i just watched it...

Your aquarium seems pretty well stocked imo.

Back
Top Bottom