New Tank and New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys and gals i just got a 10 gallon tank for free :dance: it also came with a beutiful angel a balloon mollie and another fish that i think is a female betta not sure thos i'll post pics in a bit. so my questions are what size tank should my angel be in? and what params do they like and temp?

noobaquarists said:
hi guys and gals i just got a 10 gallon tank for free :dance: it also came with a beutiful angel a balloon mollie and another fish that i think is a female betta not sure thos i'll post pics in a bit. so my questions are what size tank should my angel be in? and what params do they like and temp?

I'd recommend that you get a 30 gallon tall tank for your angel and balloon molly. Mollies can get pretty big and nippy in a small aquarium. The betta can stay by itself in the ten, but maybe depending on the betta you could have shrimp with it, or maybe some dwarf cories. Have fun with your tank!

ok i have another tank its a 30 gallon i was thinking about moving the angel into it after a qt period but now here's the dilemma i have neon tetras and corys and loaches a male betta and a striped raphael catfish in my big tank and i dont think angels and bettas should be together should they?

noobaquarists said:
ok i have another tank its a 30 gallon i was thinking about moving the angel into it after a qt period but now here's the dilemma i have neon tetras and corys and loaches a male betta and a striped raphael catfish in my big tank and i dont think angels and bettas should be together should they?

Nope
Neither should the angel and neons
You could divide the ten into 2 fives and put the bettas in there

ok i got some pics can someone id the colourful one for me? not the molly or angel:brows:

Attachments

• PIC_0207.JPG
    PIC_0207.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PIC_0209.JPG
    PIC_0209.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PIC_0214.JPG
    PIC_0214.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 47
  • PIC_0216.JPG
    PIC_0216.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 48
Angel and bettas is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. You can try it, but make sure to keep an eye on it.
Angels often eat neons. If they are raised with them, there is less of a chance of it happening, though IME it often still happens eventually anyways. Since this angel wasn't raised with them though, its more risky. You could put the neons in the 10g tank with the betta though.

ok so after a qt period of 2 weeks? im going to move the angel, balloon molly, and the variatus platy over to the 30g with my 3 albino corydora's and 2 peppered corydora's and striped raphael catfish and move my betta and neon tetra's from the 30g over to the 10g will this work??

noobaquarists said:
ok so after a qt period of 2 weeks? im going to move the angel, balloon molly, and the variatus platy over to the 30g with my 3 albino corydora's and 2 peppered corydora's and striped raphael catfish and move my betta and neon tetra's from the 30g over to the 10g will this work??

Watch the betta and neons but yes it should work

You can't sex angels from pictures. The only sure-fire way to sex them is to see them breed. Males will sometimes develop a bit of hump of their forehead, but I have seen males without it too, so its not reliable.

ok thank you for the info it looks like mine has a hump and on a sad note i dont think the balloon molly is going to make it :( it looks like its having a hard time moving its just sitting on the bottom of the tank and its breathing is kinda fast. these guys were not taken care of properly the water in the tank was black when i got em

Back
Top Bottom