new tank for a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
davy 1983 said:
yea its heated to 28 degrees is that ok for him? also how many drops of water teatment do u add to ur 9l tank? on my tetra bottle it says 5ml every 10l but no way of telling how much 5ml is! is it each drop that comes out the bottle?

1 drop is far from a mL. It would be best to get a baby medicine dropper so you can measure out mL. I don't use tetra, I use prime. It's super concentrated and I only need 5-6 drops for 9L.
27-28 degrees C is good.

great thats what i thought was silly question but i thought id ask because it dosent say on the bottle, il get some of that prime 2moz, thanks for the help, no dout il have more questions 2morrow haha

got my betta today and better water testing kit, he looks brilliant, tested the water and every thing was how it should be, only the ph was 7.6, is this ok? every thing else is ok ammonia 0, nitrite2 0, nitrate3 0, also got some plants but it made the water murky but is clearing well, hes showing off to my black moors in there tank next to them, and looks happy, when should i feed him, heard to let him starve for a couple of days, il get a photo when the water clears abit more

the chap at the shop said betta dont like big tanks

The chap is sadly misinformed....... many of our members keeps bettas in a 10 gallon tank, others even larger, I never advise anything less than 5 US gallons per betta...... your tank is a little over 2 US gallons...... :(

yeah i do realise this now, dont worry i already have plans for a larger tank for him, was given bad info at the local fish shop, have learned alot from this, cant wait to get the bigger tanks for them

Back
Top Bottom