New tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zeig

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well as a college student im too busy to deal with a large tank during the school year, but summer is coming and im planning my new tank.

last year i had a small 20 gal with two red claw crabs. This year im lookin into a 50 gal, but instead of brackish water im going with an easier fresh water setup. I want it to look tropical/exotic. So i have a few questions..

1) what decor other than sand will look nicely tropical? i dont want anything fake looking but i want it to be bright and pretty. im going to use a sand bottom.

2)what kind of fish should i populate my tank with (just ideas)? I already decided on a pretty betta =) and im deciding on a type of fresh water shrimp or two.

3) I'm going to look into what fish bettas wont attack, but ive looked around lightly, ill look more in a bit, but what extra work goes into caring for shrimp, i wont get a filter feeder, but if my tank is relativly algea free, what kidn of shrimp is there to get??

I APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS/ADVICE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom