New tank! Low tech 20H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PerfectDepth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked up a new 20H and set everything up this weekend. Waiting for the plants to perk up.. scape is still a work in progress

IMG_1591.jpg

Light is a finnex stingray suspended 8" above the tank. Substrate is pool filter sand, and I will probably add a sprinkling of some coarse river gravel

I need some stocking suggestions. What fish would you put in this tank? I will probably stick with one single species plus shrimp.

Nice setup. Can't go wrong with shrimp. We're a big shrimp house here.����

Chili Rasbora
Pygmy cory cat
A couple oto cats
A handful of Amano Shrimp
A nerite snail or two.

These would all work well with some color of neocaridina shrimp.

I would also look into pseudomugil spp. rainbows. They will be "less" shrimp safe, but should still work.

Great suggestions..thanks! Very close to what I've been leaning toward. Red cherries and ramshorn snails are already in there. Those and some amanos were my only firm plan so far. My senior citizens are in the tank also, one remaining neon and 2 harlequin rasboras.. they are the last of their schools so no telling how much longer they will live.

I couldn't decide if I want a school of something like boraras or maybe espeis, hengelis, or just a large school of habrosus cories instead. Now you have just reminded me of pseudomugils, and I have always wanted a group of forktail blue-eyes. I think I just might go that route instead. I'm not really worried if they eat some shrimp. There are always several dozen in my other tanks anyway

IMG_1675.jpgIMG_1676.jpg
IMG_1679.jpg

Changed it up some. I added some gravel to soften the contrast between the sand and hardscape. and moved some plants. I'm also considering switching to a black background. This tank has zero substrate ferts, just sand, and interestingly the crypts seem to be thriving so far with water column fertilization only.

I've decided on peacock gudgeons for this tank. I just got one for now until I re-home the other fish, female I think. I couldn't get a very good photo of her:

IMG_1680.jpg

Back
Top Bottom