New tank - some quick questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I'm getting a new 12 gallon nano cube that I'm going to set up as a freshwater planted. There are going to be a lot of plants in there, so I'm not planning on many fish. I was thinking one puffer and some fish(es) for algea. Whats the best combo of fish you guys think?

A 12 gallon will only house dwarf puffers. You could have a green spotted puffer, but most puffers will need a brackish tank later on. Brackish means half freshwater half saltwater.

Yeah, I was looking at just getting one dwarf puffer, but my understanding was that they were pure freshwater. Liveaquaria claims they are at least:

"Unlike the other puffers in this family, the Indian Dwarf requires freshwater with no salt content."

Anyway, back to my question, what do you guys think for fish in there. A dwarf puffer with three otos? A single albino pleco? Some other pleco? I might just end up ordering from liveaquaria because I never see puffers for sale around me, so pretty much anything on their site is fair game.

Or should I go with something different? I would kind of like something exotic, which is tough in a 12g, so thats why I thought a puffer might be cool. But I'm open to suggestions.

You can get some of these

borelli_1.jpg

Borelli Dwarf Cichlid

They stay really small, so maybe a pair would be fine in a 12.

Wow, those look really cool. I'll look into them. What about like just 10-12 Red Cherry Shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom