New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
I am ready to upsize and when in my local fish shop I saw a marineland 76 gallon with proper stand for &
$750. The kit comes with gravel that I will not be using as the tank will be live. It also comes with a hanging filter and I will be using a canister. The tank also comes with a lid which may need more lighting. I am having a hard time finding a setup on line. I don't want to buy used. Is this a bad decision? Are there resources out there where I can compare items that offer decent products?

Are you sure it's a 76g? That's not a standard size, so I assume you meant a 75g.

That price seems really high to me.

The price sounds about right, only if you are going to use every thing that comes with it. Otherwise just buy the tank and stand. Or check out a chain pet store if you have one where you live. I think I've spent around 100 dollars (or more) for every 10 gallons. I wish you luck in your decision :)

If it's a hardwood stand and canopy, $750 is in line. If it's a laminate stand with a regular fluorescent hood, you're getting screwed.

Where are you in Illinois? If you're anywhere near the south side of Chicago, I've got an LFS with pretty good prices on tanks.

Back
Top Bottom