New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a new tank, its a 30 gallon that came with everything. Filter is an Aquaclear 10-30. (never used this brand before). Im also trying out Floramax, never used that either would def love input. I plan on doing a planted tank probably Amazon biotope.Maybe with some T5 lighting. Thinking of doing a pair of discus only or maybe angels. Any input on special things i may want to consider are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 82
Yeah I'm doing a fishless cycle. It's been up only a few days. Added some fish food and a couple of ghost shrimp.

I agree on over filtering. I actually have been looking at canisters. The aqua clear came with the tank and has done a good job so far with clearing up a bit. But I still probably will go with the canister. It was a great deal for 40 bucks for the whole package!

I got it off of craigslist. It just needed a little TLC. I cleaned it right up and checked the seals all ok. Polished up the stand looks great. Also came with a brand new master water test kit and all kinds if decor. Easy a 350-400 brand new. I'd say $40 was a sweet deal! I just could not pass it up, that's why I'm trying do decide what I should do with the tank as far as stocking and planting.

I got it off of craigslist. It just needed a little TLC. I cleaned it right up and checked the seals all ok. Polished up the stand looks great. Also came with a brand new master water test kit and all kinds if decor. Easy a 350-400 brand new. I'd say $40 was a sweet deal! I just could not pass it up, that's why I'm trying do decide what I should do with the tank as far as stocking and planting.

OH AWESOME!

What are the light levels?
As in how many watts and k/kelvin?

Lights are basic. Soon to be replaced by T5s. I have not used T5s yet but I hear good things so far.

Oh OK! Here is a list of amazon plants (i am not sure if your lighting will be fine for them though)

1. Amazon Sword
2. Red Melon Sword
3. Java Fern
4. Anubias
5. Black SWORD plant
6. Brazilian SWORD
7. Compact SWORD
8. Leopard SWORD
9. Melon SWORD
10. Narrow leaf chain SWORD

Ok well i think u get the point! ANY type of sword LOL! :lol::lol::lol:
Here is a link of all types of swords! PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Yeah I have mostly swords and java in my smaller tank. Do you think the T5s will over do it? I've heard mixed things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom