New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jd ? You mean jaguar ? Also, could compressisps go with Africans ?

Oops nope I meant the terror lol I said one thing and gave.the link to the actual cichlid lol.

You can get comp... if you go get a 6' tank and mix it with the other Malawi cichlids.

The jag.. are going to need a 6' tank to start with but are going to need a much bigger tank later. But I wouldn't mix them with the others

I agree with everything here except Jags are from Central America not malwai. But yes they get huge and highly aggressive. Also I highly recommend not mixing any African and new worlds. Just choose to do African or new world.

LOL, I didn't catch the statement jags are from Malawi. Yes, and OP, as stated in my previous post, the peacocks and labs will not be able to hold up to the jags as they mature. None of the large CA cichlids belong in a set-up of this type.

Here's the deal. I had my Africans in a smaller tank and decided to set up a larger tank. I really like the GT, jags and frontosas and want the new tank to be stocked with those type. I don't though want my tank to be bare and just have a few fish in it.

Okay, I can understand that. There are two big problems: A) The tank is not large enough for the GTs, jags and frontosa alone, and the argument can easily be made it isn't appropriate for a single jag, let alone all the fish you have. Yer gonna have growth problems with these three species, as well, mainly due to water quality, unless ya take to doin' daily water changes. B) The behavior of jags and GTs does not lend itself to highly crowded conditions like you want and are setting up. Eventually you will see deaths due to aggression.

The 75 is not big enough for the fish ya wanna keep and it is not big enough for even a single jag. Ya can accept that and look at other options, or ya can adjust yer stock to fit the 75. Those are really yer only choices.

Not gonna post again if ya insist on following this path, just wanted to make sure ya understand where this tank is heading.

WYite

Back
Top Bottom