New Tanker!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lafeet85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ey guys I just got a new 24 gallon tank and we wondering if you could help me decide what fish I should put in it and how many would be appropriate. Thanks.

No not yet. I'm planning to move in a few weeks time so I decided to wait til I'm re settled. I have a 20 liter tank at the moment with 6 neons, 2 Cory's, 5 guppies, and a golden apple snail. The filter is a stock Elite Hush 35, but as yet I don't know if it's any good. So If you know, do you reckon I shud get a better filter or run another one with the current?

Lafeet85 said:
No not yet. I'm planning to move in a few weeks time so I decided to wait til I'm re settled. I have a 20 liter tank at the moment with 6 neons, 2 Cory's, 5 guppies, and a golden apple snail. The filter is a stock Elite Hush 35, but as yet I don't know if it's any good. So If you know, do you reckon I shud get a better filter or run another one with the current?

20L is 5gal.
Unfortunately your small tank is very over stocked. :( for all those fish to live a happy healthy life you would need a 15-20g (60-80L) tank. Do you own a test kit? What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
I would recommend moving all the fish and the filter over to the new tank. It is a more appropriate size for all those fish.

I know my 20L is a bit too crowded for now but when I move to my new house in a few weeks I will put them in a 90L. I haven't tested nitrate and ammonia levels yet but ph is 7-7.3. So relatively neutral. What is a good amount of fish for a 90L tank?

Lafeet85 said:
I know my 20L is a bit too crowded for now but when I move to my new house in a few weeks I will put them in a 90L. I haven't tested nitrate and ammonia levels yet but ph is 7-7.3. So relatively neutral. What is a good amount of fish for a 90L tank?

I suggest you test ASAP.
Have a read of this and you'll understand why.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html
The 20L is severely over crowded. The sooner you can get them in the other tank the better.

Lafeet85 said:

In your 90L you can have your fish plus 4 more cories (they need schools of 6+ of their own kind) and 2-4 more neons. You can also add a centre piece fish like a dwarf gourami.

Mumma.of.two said:
In your 90L you can have your fish plus 4 more cories (they need schools of 6+ of their own kind) and 2-4 more neons. You can also add a centre piece fish like a dwarf gourami.

Thaks for all the advice. Have a merry Christmas and a safe new year!

Back
Top Bottom