New to aquariums, always liked fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liveaquaria.com has a great selection. But shippings expensive. You can get low prices on aquabid.com its bid style like ebay.
Annnd also check Craigslist

I looked around on liveaquaria, this fish are cheap but like you said shippings outrageous unless you spend 250 or more. Aquarium advice sells fish?

iheartmyed9 said:
I looked around on liveaquaria, this fish are cheap but like you said shippings outrageous unless you spend 250 or more. Aquarium advice sells fish?

Yeah lol shippings $35 for a $5 fish where I am.
And yeah people on here will sell them to you and ship them. Just gi to the buy/sell/wanted section

i did after i lost him, i had no idea it died until a little while ago, havent been home, but i changed out most of the water.

Called Petsmart, they dont return them, but im going to start a Koi pond soon so im hoping to transfer them to that. Im trying to have somebody here this weekend to start on that.

Yea i figured they wouldnt just cause they cant just put them back in the tank and resell them as "new" when there not.

They told me they'd let me take mine back if I have the yellow slip. Maybe they're different

Yea, plus alot of stores will outright lie to you over the phone on return policies, Wal-Mart being the best example.

There is a chance that if you were in the store with the receipt and a bag of fish they would say yes. Even Petco will take their fish back up to 14 days later, even if it's dead.

Petsmart gives me my money back on fish, so long as I have a receipt.
I don't think they sell fish with the intention of them being "new". Like previously posted, I'm pretty sure they have a 14 day return policy.
You might have just spoken to an uneducated employee who wasn't looking for a confrontation. (too common).

Wow.. Pressuring stores to buy back merchandise.
Arent we good people. ^_^

Well, if you have a bunch of fish that, neither you or your tank are ready for, and you never wanted that type of fish to begin with. There's no shame in being pushy about the store taking them back.
In the long run it is in the best interest of the fish for the FS to take them back.

WendiDell said:
Well, if you have a bunch of fish that, neither you or your tank are ready for, and you never wanted that type of fish to begin with. There's no shame in being pushy about the store taking them back.
In the long run it is in the best interest of the fish for the FS to take them back.

Whats unfortunate though is that the LFS rarely is after the best interest of the fish.

Back
Top Bottom