New to board, looking for advice on 5 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*grin* tis why this is a forum and not a dictatorship. We all have our own opinions, and hopefully all the info we give will give others a place to start to make their own decisions from :) Glad to see you understand that and don't take differing opinions personally Fruitbat!

Theres some lovely pics on loaches.com of 4 1/2 inch sids; you can check em out here if you'd like (what pretty babies!): http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/botia_sidthimunki.html

Good work on the Botia sidthimuni, Allivymar. I do notice that the really big 'dwarf' loach pictured is a wild-caught critter. I've never seen them that big in an aquarium. If my Alzheimer's isn't catching up with me...I seem to recall keeping Botia sidthimunki in a 10 gallon tank for a period of about 4 years without them getting much over 2 inches.

I've got a LOT of catching up to do! Heck...I even manage to keep my aquarium plants thriving without carbon dioxide generators, added fertilizers, special gravel or blazingly bright lights!! Of course...like most of you...I research the requirements of my tank inhabitants (zoologic and botanic) thoroughly before I add them. That way I don't try to grow Amazon Sword Plants in a tank with low light! 8O

This forum is a great way to provide an important service to the newbie and the crotchety old vet alike! Kudos to all!

Back
Top Bottom