New to cichlids looking for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 75 gal african tank always lots of activity and very colorful. I have 5 different types of mbuna (only one male each with a few females) 3 different types of peacocks and a hap. I also have a calvus. So I have mixed the lakes well only the calvus but he looks soo different that my other fish don't bother him but I wouldn't keep American and Africans together because one should have high ph and the other should have low ph (I know it doesn't matter but if u get close to actual conditions I get better color out of the fish.

Attachments

• 1449662839164.jpg
    1449662839164.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1449662851852.jpg
    1449662851852.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
I have a 75 gal african tank always lots of activity and very colorful. I have 5 different types of mbuna (only one male each with a few females) 3 different types of peacocks and a hap. I also have a calvus. So I have mixed the lakes well only the calvus but he looks soo different that my other fish don't bother him but I wouldn't keep American and Africans together because one should have high ph and the other should have low ph (I know it doesn't matter but if u get close to actual conditions I get better color out of the fish.

It looks nice! Its far better stocked than most African tanks that roll through here. Good job on a nice tank!

That's a nice looking tank! I tried adding a hap and a peacock and both didn't last long. But each fish is different. As for mixing lakes I never tried mostly because of the dietary differences on the ones I wanted. I like to keep it simple and natural instead of worrying about the mbuna getting too much of the meats or etc. Plus some of the fish from that lake have actual teeth and I like my fish too much :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom