new to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrolfAddict93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I got a 75 gal tank and am currently trying to cycle my tank. While the tank is cycling I'm trying to get an idea on what fish I want. I want to Mbuna cichlids but when I go to the store there is so many to choose from and idk which are Mbuna or not.

I need to make a list of compatible Mbuna cichlids. IM looking to have a lot of really colorful ones.

So what are some Mbuna cichlid that I should look for and can I add peacock fish with them also? The peacocks are super colorful. I have black sand and really want the fish to pop

Ok so I got a 75 gal tank and am currently trying to cycle my tank. While the tank is cycling I'm trying to get an idea on what fish I want. I want to Mbuna cichlids but when I go to the store there is so many to choose from and idk which are Mbuna or not.

I need to make a list of compatible Mbuna cichlids. IM looking to have a lot of really colorful ones.

So what are some Mbuna cichlid that I should look for and can I add peacock fish with them also? The peacocks are super colorful. I have black sand and really want the fish to pop

Yellow labs, yellowtail and whitetail acei, pseudotropheus demasoni, cobalt blue zebras, and pseudotropheus saulosi are all pretty good mbuna, and you may be able to do a Lemon Jake peacocks with mbuna

First off welcome to AA and welcome to Mbunas, I have a well stocked 75g tank with mbuna, afra, and peacocks and they're all happy together, I have yellow labs, white labs, red zebras, blue cobalt zebras, kenyi, yellow top cobue, kimpuma, demasoni, ruby red peacocks, and sunshine peacocks, that's alot of color range and they're all relatively timid once grown together in the same tank I love em.

I have a 55 stocked with melanocromis arautus psudotropheus demasoni a red zebra a yellow lab and plan on getting acei or one or two peacocks you can overstock that 75 till hearts content the important issue is filtration Africans do not like high nitrates so be sure to double even triple filter doing at least 10% water changes every week. Look at this website its got very good profiles of all mbuna known to man Lol http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=2

they have compatible charts for each of the fish

check out aquariumfish.net for some compatibility charts

Back
Top Bottom