New to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B0105

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I'm new here and new to fish care. I have a 20 gallon marine land tank with a penguin filter. Currently I have 2 barbs and 4 guppies in there. I do 20% water changes once a week and a vacuum the the gravel once a week as well but only slightly. I was told not to overdo the vacuuming so that I don't get rid of the good bacteria.

One of my female guppies became pregnant and a put her in a breeders net and so I decided to join the forum as well.

One of my barbs recently started acting a little erratically. It s eats but sometimes it starts swimming really fast like someone is chasing it and it seems to run into the aquarium glass as well. It still eats normally and stuff.

Any suggestions for me?

I'm still working on updating my profile and stuff.

Thanks

I was told not to overdo the vacuuming so that I don't get rid of the good bacteria.

One of my female guppies became pregnant and a put her in a breeders net and so I decided to join the forum as well.

One of my barbs recently started acting a little erratically. It s eats but sometimes it starts swimming really fast like someone is chasing it and it seems to run into the aquarium glass as well. It still eats normally and stuff

Thanks
Just wanna start off welcome, you will not remove your good bacteria from gravel vaccum.

Congrats on your prego guppy, is she very bif amd box off, how dark is her grave spot.

What kind of barb do you have? They are very active swimmers and are best if kept in groups of 5 or more

I see. Thank you. Ummm I have 2 electric green glo fish or barb.

The gravel spot on the guppy is pretty dark and she has been getting larger and is sort of forming a more squarish shape than round. I was told at the store she was Preggy when I got her.

Ph is 6.9 ammonia was .02 were the only elevated levels.

I really I hope I am there when the guppy gives birth. It would be a nice experience for me and my daughter.

Not too sure on the barb, never owned one so maybe someone else can help. I do know they like to dart across the water

Thanks everyone. I have already been getting som excellent advice :)

Back
Top Bottom