New To FW 30Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awe that sucks because i wont be online tommorow night i have to go back to GA tommorow and its going to be an 7 hour drive. cant you send me a pm or somethin?

yeah really! why do u think i hhave all those faces cussin him out, because i'm not gonna get myself in trouble by doin it my self...

Just playin...

sooooooo...
nuttin to talk about and i cant even get into chat now for some reason.
so for the 16 or 20 depending on what tank is redy at what time im just going to get a hob same substrate as in the 30, some fake plants and some other hiding things of some sort.

oh ok good luck
i was in chat there just wasnt anyone to talk to
go now and see if you can chat with me
i will invite you to my chat room

still wont let me join. look in the main chatroom and see if im in there, i think i am. so it wont let me join until a mod boots me and then i can join again.

kinda t/o'd didnt see any gbr's or bovolian rams at the lfs. dissappointing, im sure the other1 has somr tho. wasnt lookin to buy yet, just for future refrence ya kno. i think petco is going to be my resoure for nonliving items.

ok so now ill ask, what would you guys do with a newby 30 gallon. keep it somewhat simple. tell all aswell, lights filters gravel ornaments sotcking list EVERYTHING!
been waiting to ask but now i am =]
Thanks!

This is what I would do I will go threw everything for ya :D

Equipment:
EX30 Whisper Power Filter
Aquaclear Thermal Compact Heater 100W
Corallife Freshwater Aqualight 36'' Power Compact Light 1x 96W (If live planted.)
All-Glass Single Deluxe Strip Light 36'' (If not live planted.)
Pool Filter Sand
Black Background
Tetra Whisper 20 Air Pump (Not Required, but always nice for your aquarium.) (If you do planted you won't want a pump.)
Air Tubing (If you get air pump.)
Some sort of larger air stone. Atleast 4in but bigger is always better :D (If you get air pump.)
If you don't get live plants, get a varity of fake plants and driftwoods. Get some tall ones for background plants and ect. just liek aquascaping but with fake plants.

Then for stocking it.

Community:
-Large school of some type of small tetras. (Your choice, around 10-12 in the school.)
-Small school of hatches. (Marble or silver, your choice again, around 5 in the school.)
-2 BN Plecos
-Small school of cories. (Your choice on type, around 5 in that group.)
-A pair of GBRs
-Trio of a type of dwarf cichlid

Semi-Aggresive:
-School of Barbs (Your choice between Tigers or Green Tigers, get around 15.)
-School of Cories (Your choice on type, get around 5.)
-2 BN Plecos
-Red-tailed shark. (Try to get one or two of those.)

i have a heater filter, background. still gettin pfs, new hood and new light most likely. have pretty much all other stuff besides decorations.
and im still lookin for other possible stock lists so keep em comming.

What size is your heater? I would get a bubble stone and a pump, but i wouldnt make it a big bubble stone just enough for the fish to play in like 4 or 5 inches. ;)

Back
Top Bottom