New To FW 30Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll admit it. You would own me in SW. I know what coral look like. And i know what clownfish look like. And alittle bit more but that is as far as it goes for me in SW

OK the thread will be started today and will end on the 1st of January. Oh and if i'm so wrong why dont you get a 30g and stock it with those fish hope you have alot of money to waste cause you are gonna lose alot of it. Oh and dont clog the toliot remember no more than 5 fish in the toliot at once.

Oh man your so cool you can start a thread baby, oh and if I had the money to prove you wrong that would be the first thing on my list, accept I have no money. Once I get money from breeding I will absolutely do my setup. Since I know what i'm doing unlike you.

ok ok ok, take it to the thread for it and lets get back on topic....
how do i "do" driftwood?
how much light do those plants need?
more questions coming soon.

ok ok ok, take it to the thread for it and lets get back on topic....
how do i "do" driftwood?
how much light do those plants need?
more questions coming soon.

Well driftwood you can pretty much make anything stick twig, log extra into driftwood, the dead stuff though looks nice. You have to boil the log stick or whatever your using first to get the tan out of it so it doesn't tan your water up. Then after that you can either waterlog it in a buck or just put it in your tank and put it down with rocks. I suggest the bucket though so you can work the drift wood any way you want not just the way the rocks want to stay on.

What kind of plants are you talking about?

Well you buy driftwood. Infact i have a piece to sell you if you want it.

Someone re quated teh plants so i wont say them again.

And light requirements. The lights you have now will grow all the java ferns and java mosses you want even some crypts and anubias just very slowly. So you dont have to upgrade the lighting if you dont want to. I would but be smart cause once you go planted you cant go back. So buy a light that can grow with you. t5hos are my favorite.

Attachments

• dw3.jpg
    dw3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 26
To put it into perspective from top to bottom at the angle the piece is at its about 18" tall and maybe 12" wide and about 6-8" deep. Its Mopani DW. With any DW you want to boil the crud out of it or you get tannins in your water(not a bad thing IMO but some people dont like the yellow color it turns the water)

how much does that piece cost? still not sure whaty lights im doing yet. might stick with what i have for now and upgrade later when i want more than the java fern/moss.

I paid 45+shipping for two pieces of the same size. Its very heavy bout 15lbs it sinks instantly. Your lights will work. all you need is some ferts for the plants since all these low lights plants get most of thier nutrients from the water coloumn some Flourish Excell will get you by for fertz and help keep any algae at bay. Stay away from plecos (any kind) if you plan on doing the java moss on your DW cause they like to forage on it and they just make it a mess.

I paid 45+shipping for two pieces of the same size. Its very heavy bout 15lbs it sinks instantly. Your lights will work. all you need is some ferts for the plants since all these low lights plants get most of thier nutrients from the water coloumn some Flourish Excell will get you by for fertz and help keep any algae at bay. Stay away from plecos (any kind) if you plan on doing the java moss on your DW cause they like to forage on it and they just make it a mess.

so if i didnt get the pleco then what else could i use to clean up the tank? could i still have one if i didnt put it on the wood?

so if i didnt get the pleco then what else could i use to clean up the tank? could i still have one if i didnt put it on the wood?

Well ofcourse ottos man. They like to be kept in groups as do most fish. So for a 30 gallon I suggest 5 or so. I have 2 in my 10 gallon planted tank and they are doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom