New to salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lozo_fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I want to start a salt water tank what all do I need?

Lozo_fish

Let's start with the basics first, what size are you thinking? And do you want a fowlr tank or full reef?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 55 gallon. Wanna just get clown fish maybe star fish. Something basic to start with. Yeah I would want some real coral but not all real.

Lozo_fish

Anybody willing to tell me what I would need to get it started.

Lozo_fish

There is way too much info to list! There are some great articles on here about setting up and maintaining a saltwater tank so do some reading first. The one thing you will notice is that there are many different ways to set up the tank which is why it's hard for us to answer. It is good to know what you want to keep first (fish only or reef) so you can set the system up accordingly. Reef tanks are harder and more expensive to set up, however they are much more rewarding and most people eventually want to get into corals (like me) and had to buy different equipment. It's an expensive hobby to rush into and lots of people do. As mentioned above start your research then come back with specific questions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom