New to site and new to fishkeeping.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DBrossman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

Just starting out and excited to keep going with the hobby. I have four guppies, but am going to be getting a 30 gallon freshwater tank and was thinking about some angelfish (5 to 6) any reccomendations for some colorful angelfish? Also thing a Red Tailed Shark and maybe a Pleco. Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I also would like to know anything about silk plants. I don't really like the plastic ones, as they don't look or move like real, but don't really want to deal with hassle of the real plants just yet. Any suggestions about silk plants or where to get them would be appreciated.

Thank you everyone

You are in a great hobby that can be very relaxing. You will find a lot of helpful people on here. I had 2 angels in a 29 gallon they got along fine for a year then they started fighting I ended up with 2 tanks.

Hi, and welcome to Aa! I'm too new to FW fishkeeping to advise anyone on stocking, although that seems like way too many angels for a 30G. But I can tell you about the silk plants, because I have them and I really love them. They sway with the currents provided by the filters in a way that looks much more realistic than the plastic ones. Also they are attached to rock anchors and so anchor in the substrate better. I found a good selection at the pet smart store, but I imagine that most LFS carry them.

Welcome to AA! That would be too many angels for that sized tank. Also depending on the Pleco.... It could get too big for that sized tank. There are many Plecos that will be fine in a 30g though.

Back
Top Bottom